Monday 2 April 2018

Dr. Phil Etches

I worked with Phil Etches for over twenty years. I cannot remember him ever losing his temper, he always greeted people with a smile, and he made everyone around him feel better about themselves. He inspired all of us to be better people. The world is far less for the loss of him.

I have been faced with a lot of loss these past few months. Each time I find myself reflecting on how short life is and, like Dr. Etches in the last year of his life, I question the legacy I will be leaving behind when it is my turn to leave this world.

I have long since stopped looking to acquire 'stuff'. My thoughts and ambitions revolve around improving the world around me through mastery. Change needs to begin with me and what I do with that change will send ripples beyond. Perhaps my life will affect others like Phil Etches’ life affected me. I miss him.

“Find your voice and inspire others to find theirs.” - Stephen Covey (1932 - 2012)

1 comment:

Jhon mac said...

Very informative and well written post! Quite interesting and nice topic chosen for the post Nice Post keep it up.Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative post. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.
phil show