Sunday 25 March 2018

Taking Stock

One of the big reasons that I challenged the UBBT this year was the major lifestyle change I would be facing. I am the better part of two months into my new life and I have to say, everything is great.

My training is going well. I am meeting my targets despite an early shoulder injury that has slowed me down. It really helped that I was prepared for this and had already structured my daily repetitions around this expected issue. I had a tune up in my chiropractor’ s office today and feel an improvement despite all the tears I shed during his active release torture.

My diet and mindful eating has improved greatly. Being home to make my own meals and eat them fresh is something new for me. I think this is the thing I enjoy the most about my new lifestyle.

Actually what I probably enjoy the most about living this way is how my concept of time has changed. I do what needs to be done. I need more sleep, I sleep. I need to get a chiropractic tune up, I get the tune up. I need groceries, I get groceries. Life is good - I do what I want when I want.

The biggest challenge I face as part of the 2018 Ultimate Black Belt Test is engaging with my teammates. Facebook is my least favourite place to visit but when I do, it is a massive time suck. I may have a different approach to time now but that approach has reinforced how precious time is to me. I am not going to log into Facebook until I have accomplished everything that I want to accomplish in my day first. That may mean untimely reading of my teammates’ posts but until I can get this completely balanced, it will have to do.

“If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” - Bruce Lee (1940 - 1973)

No comments: