Monday 30 January 2012

Be Bold and Proceed

This is the time of year my students tend to become inspired an motivated to refocus, retool, and begin their drive for black belt. Nothing like seeing a few of their peers get promoted to light the old fire.

I will be meeting with a few of my students this week to help them get on track to achieve their goals over the next couple of years. Any plan we come up with will still come down to their ability to follow through. Actions, not thoughts, produce results. No matter where you’re at, no matter where you want to go, the journey begins with just a single step. Overcoming the inertia of inaction can be a formidable task and anyone who takes that initial step gets my respect.

“If you’re going to do this you gotta pack your bags, kiss your wife goodbye, and go to war.”- Samuel Mockbee (1944 - 2001)

1 comment:

Ian Repay said...

This is the blog that spoke to me the loudest this past six weeks. Thank you.

Mr. Repay