Sunday 5 February 2012

Toys in Space

I find this story unbelievably inspiring because as a kid I worked on a project to put a toy into orbit. I came up with many designs and the ultimate design may or may not have ( if I was a betting man I would say not have) achieved orbit. The technology available to me back then precluded me from ever recovering my rocket or proving it’s ultimate destination.

What I find so inspiring about this story is that these two teenagers not only dared to dream, they followed through. They did the research, they invested the time, and they ultimately achieved exactly what they set out to do - first try. Just goes to show that if you take a well thought out plan and couple it with good old follow through, anything is possible.

Thank you Mathew and Asad. You guys made my year.

“We didn’t really believe we could do it until we did.”- Mathew Ho (b. 1995)

No comments: