Sunday 12 April 2015

The Road We Travel

How different my life would be today if I had never studied kung fu. The benefits have been infinite and I shudder to think about how different I would be without the art in my life.

I had the opportunity today to connect with Keshia Thomas. I remember the first time I saw the photo that made her famous and being completely humbled by her actions. I could not help but imagine what a better world we would have if we all had the courage of Keshia. She has been an inspiration to me for as long as I can remember and because of kung fu, she is now in my life’s sphere.

Keshia Thomas, Rahul Bharti, Dave McNeill, Margie Hilbig, Stan Lee, Mark Chan, Brian Macdonald, Julia Butterfly Hill, Tom Callos, Joe Lewis, Ron Van Clief, the list goes on. How blessed I am to have had the opportunity to meet such amazing people.

“A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.” - Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

No comments: