Sunday 28 October 2012

Everyone Gets What They Get

I read an interesting article in the Vancouver Sun this week that reminds me of the importance of activism. By not accepting responsibility for our own situation we allow mediocrity to run rampant. In a free and just society, everyone tends to get exactly what they deserve.

 I am the creator of all my relationships, personal and professional. I have the power to mould them into whatever shape I choose. If I want my co-workers to respect me, I must conduct my professional affairs accordingly. Conflicts in my personal life are inevitable. The efforts I put into resolving them reflect the value, or lack of, I place on a particular relationship. I know I am judged by my efforts and people estimate their value to me by the time I invest in them.

If I accept mediocrity in any relationship I cannot expect that relationship to not be mediocre. I reap what I sow.
“A reputation for a thousand years may depend upon the conduct of a single moment.” - Ernest Bramah (1868 - 1942)

No comments: