Sunday 21 October 2012

Quality of Life


Our student I Ho Chuan team made a trip to a senior’s lodge this weekend to entertain the residents with a Chinese Lion Dance and demo. I find myself thinking about the twilight years more often these days. With only one alternative, old age is something that awaits us all.

Quality of life in my later years is something that is important to me. It seems like yesterday that I was looking at thirty year olds and thinking I never want to be that old. Looking back I realize that those thirty year olds were old before their time. Bad habits and lethargy take their toll on everyone. I am thankful for the lifestyle kung fu has inspired me to adopt and the quality of life I enjoy and plan to take with me into my senior years.

“if you don’t set a baseline standard for what you’ll accept in life, you’ll find it’s easy to slip into behaviours and attitudes or a quality of life that’s far below what you deserve.” - Anthony Robbins (b. 1960)

1 comment:

Melanie Beckett said...

The demo looks awesome! I especially love all the appreciative oohs, and aahs, provided by the audience. Bravo everyone!