Sunday 27 December 2009

Wrecked him? Damn near killed him.

As 2009 comes to an end, I find myself reflecting upon the year that has just passed. I accomplished many of the goals I had set for myself while unforeseen circumstances conspired to keep other goals out of reach. What I will take onward from 2009 is the evolution of my process.

Small daily accomplishments add up to major progress over the long haul. I have learned to stay mindful and aware of the daily opportunities that are presented and exploit them to the best of my ability. Despite significant physical challenges, I have not only found ways to stay engaged in my training, but also have progressed along avenues I hadn’t expected. The concept of the journey being more important than the destination has been reinforced over and over again this past year.

For me UBBT6 is not ending but rather continuing on into the Live Like a Champion Project. I am still a work in progress and the journey continues to excite and inspire me.
“When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.” - Greg Anderson (b. 1964)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I have loved following your journey. May your future years continue to burn as bright.