Sunday 30 August 2009

Franticness

Franticness. I watch a lot of franticness every week. People franticly trying to accomplish their tasks, people franticly trying to fit in. I know people who find it impossible to sit through a movie at home without needing to get up and do something in the middle of it, their minds trapped in a perpetual frantic commotion. Other people jump franticly from one experience to another, declaring each time that their latest experience is life altering and yet they never stop searching. So much franticness is applied to our lives in some sort of quest to build the life we wish to live that we tend to forget to actually live.

The fact is, everything is constantly changing and nothing is permanent. We will all be different people when we go to bed tonight than we were when we woke up this morning. Any notion to the contrary is a reflection of our own self esteem and arrogance. My decisions, my values, and my accomplishments are all based upon my experiences and influences, and thus every experience, no matter its magnitude, is relevant to who we are and who we will become.

May I have the wisdom to remain flexible in my views and recognize that truth is found in life, not dogma. If my humbleness is such that I recognize that others change as I do, I will become less judgmental, allowing me to listen and experience with an open heart, and become more receptive to the miracles life has to offer in the present moment.

“Present-moment living, getting in touch with your now, is at the heart of effective living. When you think about it, there really is no other moment you can live. Now is all there is, and the future is just another present moment to live when it arrives.” - Wayne Dyer (b. 1940)

No comments: