Monday 24 January 2022

Thay

My mastery path has been blessed with the leadership and example of many mentors and teachers whose generosity has guided me throughout my life. I revere my lineage and I know my life and accomplishments have been built upon the foundation others have helped me build. It is difficult to not feel the strain on that foundation when I lose one of them.

Thich Nhat Hanh’s influence on the world is well-documented and he has been a big part of my life since I was a teenager. He has prepared me for the day that he would no longer be directly accessible but nevertheless I find myself overwhelmed by the magnitude of the loss.

For the first time in my life I am walking the earth without him in his familiar form. He will always be with me and for that I am grateful. How I miss him.

“If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people.” - Thich Nhat Hanh (1926 - 2022)

No comments: