Saturday 1 January 2022

2022


I can remember Y2K like it was yesterday. I remember as a kid thinking that I was going to be old when 1999 flips over to 2000. Here we are twenty two years later. Life is shorter than we think.

2022 will mark the fourth year of COVID-19. No travel, limited socialization. During the pandemic I have only seen my parents a handful of times and my father had to die alone earlier this year. I have watched my 85 year old aunt’s mobility decrease drastically because she has not had access to her aquacise class for the duration. Lives have been put on hold but life never stops evolving and we do not stop aging.

For me the pandemic has brought a lot of positive change to my life. I have had to become more mindful with my business and my daily routine. This mindfulness has eliminated substantial mediocrity from my life - mediocrity that I was not aware existed. I see a lot of people who have put their lives on hold while the pandemic runs its course. Mindfulness has made me aware that, because of mediocrity, a lot of my life was on hold. I am grateful that the pandemic woke me up and reminded me to live.

Life is short. Live always.

“Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.” - Henri Frederic Amiel (1821 - 1881)

No comments: