Tuesday 16 March 2021

Life Meditation


The more you apply yourself to meditating/thinking/praying about the unavoidable fact of death, the easier it is to embrace it.

The yin yang is a wonderful tool that I use in every difficult situation. There is no life without death. By accepting life, you MUST accept death. Through our reluctance to accept death, we are not accepting life to its fullest.

Everyone has a different approach to coping with the concept of death. Some gravitate to the concept of eternal life after death in one form or another. What most do not realize though is that their strategy may help them put the concept of death into a format that allows them to ignore it, but sometimes it does not help them to truly appreciate and experience the life they have left.

For me mindfulness is the best way for me to accept the realities of death and therefore maximize the life I have remaining available to me. Living in the present moment is the only way to truly experience life. Accepting death allows me to appreciate life and motivates me to stay mindful of what I am experiencing and how I choose to experience it. I am not locked in my mind worrying about something that I cannot control, nor am I agonizing about missed opportunities or mistakes of my past. There is just now and I do my best to celebrate every moment with gratitude.


“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” — Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

No comments: