Monday 22 March 2021

It's Now

My mindfulness practice has me in a consistent cycle of evaluation and simplification. Without my practice, mediocrity has a way of permeating into my life unnoticed; covertly complicating what should be simple.  Without habitual reflection, my reflex becomes reaction. 

Life is simple, or at least it should be simple. Things get complicated when I forget what is important. Where I live is not important; how I live is.  What I want is not important; why I want it is. My future is affected by what I do today but tomorrow is not guaranteed. The only real commodity is time and the only time I have, or will ever have, is right now. 

“Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.” - Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926) 

No comments: