Monday 8 February 2021

Fatigue

I know a lot of people have struggled with the isolation of the pandemic and I understand how everyone’s different circumstances modulate the intensity of that isolation. Up to now I have not really felt anything beyond inconvenience from the pandemic.

These past couple of weeks things have changed. I am definitely ready to return to live lessons. Perhaps it is the change in weather or maybe it is the fact that I just had to conduct a four month black belt test virtually. More than likely it is due to the exhaustion of having to navigate my business through the quagmire this provincial government has created. We’ve been shutdown longer than anyone else and Kenney has now started opening things up while our hospitals are still over-crowded. This incredibly ill-advised approach is going to drag things out even longer. At this rate he is going to bankrupt any business that is not directly related to oil. Obviously I can’t say specifically why, but I am definitely seeing the signs of burnout.

I am not going to endure this sitting still. I am taking steps to address my burnout and I am using it as a catalyst to make positive changes in my life. My meditation practice is improving and expanding. My exercise regime is being modified. My diet is improving.

I am not sure how much longer I will be teaching virtually but I am confident that whatever I end up having endure, I am going to come out ahead from the experience.

“Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.” - Cicely Tyson (1933 - 2021)

No comments: