Sunday 10 March 2019

Right Effort

The past few weeks have been a journey of setting priorities while maintaining enough clarity to ensure my actions are actually serving my intentions. This is not usually something I would even consider a task as I tend to apply mindfulness as an hourly practice. When life throws on more than a person can typically handle, mindful decision making is no longer effortless and clarity becomes a challenge.

Looking at things retrospectively, it is obvious that some things are not in order. Some of my outcomes are completely opposite of my intentions so I have been spending a lot of time analyzing my actions to identify where the disconnect has occurred. 

Parental health problems, favourite aunt knee replacement surgery, dog dental surgery, the list goes on. Temporary spikes in busyness can have a lasting effect on my efficiency if I do not ensure I am applying right effort. Effort is never a problem for me but if I do not have clarity and harmony between my effort and intention, I may be causing more problems than I am solving. 

Right effort is essential.

“Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.” - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

No comments: