Sunday 3 March 2019

Priorities

Achieving a goal is impossible if the goal that has been set is not even a priority. That seems like pretty basic common sense but it is quite a bit more difficult than most would think.

We all have million excuses for not keeping promises and doing what we need to do, but the majority of excuses can be narrowed down to but a single one - it is just not a high enough priority for me.

Working in healthcare, I was often at the end of my rope without a spare second in my day. I would run from one crisis to the next, yet I never once tapped out and walked away from a situation that needed my expertise. No matter how busy or strapped for time I was, I always had more to give. My priority was the patient and, no matter what, I always found a way to get the job done.

If earning a black belt is a priority, you will find the time. If you have more excuses than you have time, obviously black belt is not a high enough of a priority for you.

 “Actions express priorities.” - Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

No comments: