Monday 25 June 2018

Wuji Again

Wuji, without extremes, is an integral component of my approach to life. If I do not temper my reaction to situations with reflection, my reactions will not always reflect my goals. I make an effort to ground myself several times a day to reflect how my words and deeds are serving me.

Injury is always an opportunity to assess my training. Find my limits and ease beyond. Exploding beyond my limits is rarely without negative consequence. When I go to extremes, I tend to get injured. It is just as important to ensure my recovery is not an extreme in the opposite direction. All or nothing does not serve mastery. Mastery is about consistent incremental progression. Mastery is about adapting.

“Balance is good, because one extreme or the other leads to misery, and I’ve spent a lot of my life at one of those extremes.” - Trent Reznor (b. 1965)

No comments: