Sunday 3 June 2018

Family and Community

Yesterday was a full day. Preparing for and participating in Stony Plain’s parade is not an easy endeavor. At least it shouldn’t be. Yet yesterday’s parade was so easy because of our kung fu family. In fact, I find Silent River Kung Fu events run smoother if I am not even involved. Things have come a long way from when I felt I had to do everything. I truly appreciate the community we have built.

I left the parade yesterday and stopped to visit Sifu Rybak and her newly arrived twins on my way home. Mom was amazingly mobile for someone who just went through what she did. Sidney and Carter are very cute and healthy and there is no doubt about Carter’s set of lungs.

I finished my day by adopting a dog from SCARS. Bark Lee has definitely changed the dynamics of our home but it looks like he will be a perfect fit once the last of our four cats accepts the inevitable.

 “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” - Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926)

No comments: