Monday 2 January 2017

Grieving Reflection

Tomorrow will mark a week since Master Margie Hilbig passed away. Since finding out, I have thought of nothing else.

A couple of months ago I noticed that Margie’s signature on my certification certificate from 1995 had faded, it was almost gone. I thought how it would give me an excuse to visit her and get her to sign it again, assuming she did not purposely use disappearing ink. Of course life kind of got in my way and I never got around to visiting her. There is always tomorrow can become an easy excuse to procrastinate.

Well, Margie is gone. The faded signature seems so irrelevant now. I would give anything to have the opportunity for another visit with her. Margie knew what she meant to me. I was never shy with my feelings around her and I reminded her every time I met with her. I regret not having that one last visit, one more opportunity, to remind her of just how much she meant to me.

My intention is to never go through these types of regrets again. I keep gratitude in front of me and I am always reminding myself of where I am and how I got here. I need to be more diligent about reaching out to my mentors and expressing my gratitude while they are still in my life. Life is way too short for such regrets.

“I want to live my life so that my nights are not full of regrets.” - D.H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)

No comments: