Sunday 15 January 2017

Engagement

The new calendar year just begun and Chinese New Year is only two weeks away. It is the season when the majority begin anew. New goals, new motivation, new resolve. Progress is fickle, yet self perpetuating. Staying engaged and committed is the key to success.

I’ve been committed to kung fu for well over thirty years and I am hoping to have another thirty productive years in the art ahead of me. I try to start each day by recognizing it as an opportunity to begin anew but for me there is no reset button as big as Chinese New Year. My gratitude for my blessed life is vast but there is always some mediocrity stubbornly clinging to me. The transition from the Year of the Monkey to the Year of the Rooster is another opportunity to mindfully brush it off.

“The beginning is always today.” - Mary Wollstonecraft (1759 - 1797)

No comments: