Monday 5 September 2016

Vasyl Lomachenko

The past two weeks have kept me busy and tied to home with household renovations and school renovations. It has been tough this past year to get in all the training I want but the last couple of weeks have seen my training time become even more challenged. My house is in disarray and my school has been shut, making it impossible to stick to my usual training schedule and structure.

To maintain my engagement during downtime, I have been watching Vasyl Lomachenko’s fights. There are not many, only seven professional fights, but he took the world title in only his third professional fight.

I have never seen a fighter move as smoothly as Vasyl Lomachenko. When we talk about the six harmonies in kung fu, we are talking about moving the way Lomachenko moves. He is never off balance, he never over-commits. His feet are alway firmly planted, maximizing his power while making him difficult to hit.

Vasyl Lomachenko may be only twenty-eight years old but when I grow up, I want to move just like him.

“I want to bring something new to boxing. I want to be known to fans and appreciated as a ‘boxer-painter’ in regards to speed, footwork, punching power — an art form inside the ring.” - Vasyl Lomachenko (b. 1988)

1 comment:

Brian Chervenka said...

Wow, this guy moves like the wind and always working the opponent in all directions followed by relentless combos. Awesome, great post