Sunday 31 January 2016

Today

Today I am grateful for the people who have taken the time to teach me the lessons I hold so dear. You took me under your wing and you trusted me to take your lessons and pass them on.

Grand Master Lee, last night it was my fortunate opportunity to attend the Ging Wu Chinese New Year Banquet with my friends and students. I have not forgotten that for the past couple of decades I have had two tables to share for this event because of your generosity. It speaks to your humility that it took years before I found out that my second table was the result of your anonymous generosity and sacrifice.

You were part of my life for such a brief moment but I continue to learn and benefit from what you have taught me. There isn’t a day that goes by that I do not think of you and what you have done for me. Thank you. You made the world a better place.

“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” - Melody Beattie (b.1948)

No comments: