Monday 17 November 2014

Thich Nhat Hanh

I have had the privilege of studying under some amazing teachers in my lifetime. None has contributed more to my moral fibre and value system than Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh. They say a teacher such as he only comes by once every six hundred years. The sheer miracle that I have had the privilege and opportunity to share so much of my time on earth with someone such as he is not something I take for granted. It is difficult for me to imagine a world without him in it.

Thay, my wish is for your speedy and complete recovery. I understand that sickness and death are a certainty for each of us but the planet is in desperate need of more like you.

"Life has left her footprints on my forehead. But I have become a child again this morning. The smile, seen through leaves and flowers, is back to smooth away the wrinkles, as the rains wipe away footprints on the beach. Again a cycle of birth and death begins."- Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926)

No comments: