Sunday 6 July 2014

Anchor Experiences

Life is hectic. The faster the pace of my surroundings, the more hectic my state of mind. It is a constant battle to adapt my environment to my rhythm and resist the pull to join the pace of the rat race. The vividness of the memory of many amazing moments have been lost because I have not been in the proper state of mind to mindfully experience the moment. Without proper reverence for the present, a memory’s grip is fragile, making it difficult to keep. Some days I am more successful than others but that is why it is called a practice. There is value in perpetual effort despite knowing that complete achievement is impossible.

My I Ho Chuan team had a great Canada Day this year. We spent most of the day with each other, performing, laughing, and sharing the experience. A spontaneous demo and experiencing the joy of new Canadians receiving their citizenships made the day one I will never forget. I consider that day seized.

“The secret of a good memory is attention, and attention to a subject depends upon our interest in it. We rarely forget that which has made a deep impression on our minds.”- Tyron Edwards (1809 - 1894)

1 comment:

Yitzik said...

I was nervous the team will feel we are wasting our time waiting for our part at the ceremony. I was happy to hear that in your eyes it was time well spent.