Sunday 5 January 2014

Hours In a Day

So if I plan on dedicating myself to something to the tune of two hours a week, how does that play out over a year?

2 hours/week X 52 weeks/year = 104 hours/year dedicated to my chosen endeavour. Given that there are 24 hours in a day, that presents me with a total of 4.3 days of dedication.

One thing I know for sure is life is going to throw some challenges my way that are going to lay waste to my best laid plans. If I have a great year and almost everything goes as planned,  I estimate my best case scenario would be to achieve an 80% success rate. That gives me, best case, 3.5 days a year dedicated to whatever I choose. Basically that means if I start now and go straight through without sleep and breaks, I can get in all the practice I am going to get in, for the entire year, by Wednesday at 10pm.

Given that a year’s worth of dedication is only Wednesday away, is anything impossible to achieve?

“We never shall have any more time. We have, and we have always had, all the time there is.” - Arnold Bennett (1867 - 1931)

No comments: