Sunday 29 May 2011

Meditation

An unanticipated consequence of changing motorcycles has been a shift in my meditative state while riding the bike. My Daytona was a performance machine that promoted empty mind meditation and always saw me arrive at my location relaxed and refreshed no matter the level of chaos on the road. Things happen quite a bit slower on the road in front of me with my new Bonneville and I am having difficulty achieving an empty mind state on this bike. Empty mind meditation has never come easy for me except on the motorcycle so I am going to miss that benefit of a sport bike.

Mindfulness meditation comes fairly easy for me but making time for my practice has always been a challenge. The new motorcycle enhances this form of meditation and every time I get on the bike, it gives me an opportunity to further develop my practice.

“How fast? You’re an idiot!” - Dad (b. 1931)

No comments: