Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day Mom

My mom has not always agreed with my approach to life. I know she sees me as being a bit reckless. The violence of the sport kept my mom from attending my hockey games but she never once discouraged me from participating. She had some real concerns with me getting involved in the martial arts but through her and my dad’s support, I now own my own school and am living a life of consequence. My mom continues to be a voice of reason in my life and she always offers her support no matter what decisions, reckless or not, that I continue to make. It is amazing what one can accomplish with that level of support.

I do not always have what I want, but I have always had everything I have ever needed. I owe my parents everything.

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” - Washington Irving (1783 - 1859)

No comments: