Sunday 30 January 2011

Happy New Year

The year of the tiger definitely lived up to its hype. It was an absolutely relentless year of crisis, injury, and non stop stress. I was reminded throughout the year of the classic Chinese curse - “May your life be interesting.” This past year was the most interesting year I have ever experienced. Awesome.

All that being said, the year of the tiger has been a productive year that has seen me tackle many ambitious projects. The constant parade of crisis that the year has put before me has not seen me finish any of the projects to completion but definite progress has been made - enough that should guarantee the year of the rabbit to be a very satisfying year for me personally.

This thursday marks the first day of the year of the rabbit. For me, Chinese New Year marks a fresh start and a new beginning. I’m going to hit the ground running by completing 1000 pushups and 1000 sit ups and riding that momentum into the new year.

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” - Edith Lovejoy (b. 1904)

1 comment:

Sifu Beckett Sr. said...

Its nice to know that even a tiger like yourself found this past year challenging ... no offense but this pig is tired and very glad that the year of the tiger only occurs once in 12 years.

Sifu T Beckett