Sunday 5 December 2010

No Impact Man

I have learned a lot about the environment and the interconnectedness of everything from David Suzuki. His ability to convey complex ideas in layman terms has gone a long way to educate the masses about environmental issues. David Suzuki is 74 years of age and I am concerned about the void that will need to be filled when he passes on.

I have been following Colin Beavan’s No Impact Man project for a few years now and I believe he, and others like him, can lead the charge in convincing the masses to consider the consequences of our lifestyles. His latest blog on the No Impact Man project offers solid advice and guidance on how the rest of us can positively engage others in discussions about climate change.

As long as someone is always carrying the torch there is always hope.

“What I do matters. It affects how other people act. The choices we make in life affects the choices of everyone else.” - Colin Beavan

No comments: