Monday 16 August 2010

Adaptation and Evolution

I don’t think anything else could have been thrown at me this past month to make training any less challenging. Tendonitis in my forearms from 100,000 pushups over the last two years, rolling my toes causing swelling on the pad of my foot, preventing me from pivoting and practicing forms properly, called away on business for four days taking me out of the kwoon, all this while renovating the school.

These challenges have created a major opportunity for me to take advantage of some forced downtime to focus on cleaning up my curriculum, connect with my mentors, and better organize and simplify my life.

There are never setbacks if you are adapting and adjusting to your situation and always moving.
“The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water moulds itself to the pitcher.” - Chinese Proverb

No comments: