Sunday 6 June 2010

Right Place at the Right Time

I’m sitting on my deck and watching a perfect sunset. The clouds are that shade of purple with orange highlights - complements of the sun’s setting rays. All of this with the blue sky in the background. A moment ago I was inside. Delay my excursion outside, even for a minute, and the sunset would not be what I am presently witnessing, nor would it be the same if I had come out earlier. I’m in the right place at the right time.

Something Thich Nhat Hanh has taught me is that I am always in the right place at the right time. That place is here and that time is now. The hard part is staying aware of this and actually living as such.

“We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize.” - Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926)

1 comment:

Sara said...

The small things such as this can have such a big impact on our lives. Brilliant posting!