Sunday 27 June 2010

Process of Mastery

"What mastery might be is our ability to deal with life while improving our self in the process. It might be in balance and making it through the obstacles --and STILL come out ahead." - Tom Callos
With those words and our ensuing conversation, Tom Callos convinced me to enroll in the Ultimate Black Belt Test. My life was as hectic as ever and taking on a challenge like the UBBT seemed insane to me at the time. I am now in the middle of my second UBBT and have already enrolled in my third. I have kept our conversation in front of me for the past couple of years and his words have helped me maintain my perspective through many challenges.

Whatever challenges I face in life, I am confident that if I cannot control the outcome I will adapt and ultimately come through the other side better and stronger than ever.

“How long should you try? Until.” - Jim Rohn (1930 - 2009)

No comments: