Sunday 30 May 2010

Need Oil?

I have spent the week trying to catch up on the thirteen projects I currently have on my plate that have all reached a status of critical. I never notice how these things sneak up on me and how I always underestimate the amount of time I will have available to apply to each project. The more organized I become, the more efficiently my time is spent and more clarity returns to my perspective. Therefore I intend to spend the next couple of weeks clearing the clutter from my environment so that I can slowly but efficiently make some headway on these projects.

While I chased my tail all week, people lined up to be one of the first to own Apple’s new iPad. People spent hours in the queue to get their hands on the latest thing they didn’t even know they needed a couple of months ago. At the same time British Petroleum failed to stop the flow of oil into the ocean with their top fill method. What is now the largest oil spill in US history will be continuing to spew crude into the Gulf of Mexico until at least August. Will we even care by then or is this environmental disaster just going to become background noise that fails to distract us from our own immediate lives. As a society we need to wake up before it is too late.
“If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.” - Bill Watterson (b. 1958)

No comments: