Sunday 9 May 2010

I Gotta Be Me

Fulfilling journalling has become a challenge for me these past couple of months. My mandate this year was to concentrate more on documenting my training and personal growth, or at the very least have my journals reflect more directly my participation in the UBBT. But alas I find my thoughts, and therefore my writing, constantly pulled back to the things that cause the screaming in my soul. I guess I should not be fighting against the current as obviously this is where my personal growth is taking me and that in itself is helping define my Ultimate Black Belt Test.

Something I think about often is the number of great thinkers and enlightened people we lose every year. I live in a world that is influenced by some truly amazing individuals, people who inspire a better world and create a legacy that will influence the ways of the world for countless generations to come. Who is going to replace the loss that will be felt when these people are no longer around? So many of us walk on this planet but so very few are actually stepping up as leaders and examples of enlightened living.

So I guess I will succumb to the inexhaustible pull I feel to journalling about the issues that weigh upon me, and believe me they are many but they all would be dealt with if we were to eradicate apathy and indifference.
"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” - Elie Wiesel (b. 1928)

No comments: