Friday 30 October 2020

Infinite Insights


My daily meditation practice has evolved substantially over the past month. I have revisted some of my Zen roots and have found some wonderful gems.

I have been focusing on Thich Nhat Hanh’s 16 breathing exercises as part of my morning routine and the practice has reminded me of the value of just that - practice.

Zen, Kung fu, guitar, whatever your discipline - practice makes perfect. Everyday that you neglect your discipline, you dig your motivational hole deeper. Sometimes that hole gets so deep that it feels impossible to pull yourself out. Hence why taking consistent action is paramount to mastery.

Practicing my old breathing exercises has revitalized me and my practice. Beginning anew with the basics can generate infinite insights.

‘You don't get to the highest levels of the sport without having the basics in order.” - Daniel Cormier (b. 1979)

No comments: