Sunday 4 October 2020

Beginning Anew

 


“My deepest fear is not that I’m inadequate. My deepest fear is that I’m powerful beyond my measure. It is my light, not my darkness, that scares me. I’ve conquered the darkness. I’ve lived in the darkness. It’s the amazing possibilities of wonder that I’ve never given myself that truly scares me.”
The above is an excerpt from an email I received that has been on my mind all week. It came while I have been witnessing a couple of people in my life struggle through some major health crisis and perhaps that is why it resonates so deeply within me.

There will be times in everyone’s life when the struggle can overwhelm and overtake us. As we find ourself drowning in the dissonance of our situation, it can seem easier to let go and slip away than it would be to pull ourselves back to reenter the fray.

We are powerful beyond our measure or imagination. Worrying about the past or the future only serves to keep us out of the present moment where our omnipotent potential resides.

“Happiness is impermanent, but it can be renewed. You are also impermanent and also renewable, like your breath, like your steps. You are not something permanent experiencing something impermanent. You are something impermanent experiencing something impermanent.”  ― Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926)

No comments: