Sunday 24 November 2019

Practice

Today I spent five hours immersed in meditation. Zen is a practice but it has literally been years since I have made quiet meditation a priority in my life. Intent is always present but my follow through tends to be a consistent casualty when I set my daily priorities.

My big takeaway from today’s application is that I have to devote more consistent time to my practice. If I am always devoting myself to putting out personal and professional fires, it becomes difficult to justify more time for my personal development. Empirically I know that the more time I spend cultivating my mind, the more efficient become my efforts, and ultimately, the more time I free up. As I never hesitate to tell my students, investment generates a return.

“I have lived with several Zen Masters - all of them cats.” - Eckhart Tolle (b. 1948)

No comments: