Saturday 19 October 2019

Election

So I participated in the Climate March yesterday. Full confession - it wasn’t my first and it won’t be my last.

I’m not a big fan of protests but we are running out of options to get some ideas through to those in charge. The scientists have spoken and it is pretty much unanimous - we’ve screwed up our environment and we are about to pay the price. The time for change is long past and so it is now or never. Yet the people with the power and responsibility to guide us in the right direction seem reluctant to change the destructive course we are currently on.

Whenever I hear a politician utter the propaganda that we need to temper any positive change for the environment with caution so that we do not affect the economy, I am dumbfounded. Do they think the science cares about the economy? You can’t eat the money in your wallet and you can’t buy food that is not available. We need to think about what is truly important and when I do that, I do not see anything more important than Mother Earth. Everything we have is due to her - INCLUDING OUR PRECIOUS ECONOMY! Destroy her and we destroy ourselves.

Vote for your future, our children are depending on you.

“The general population doesn’t know what’s happening, and it doesn’t even know that it doesn’t know.” – Noam Chomsky (b. 1928)

1 comment:

Khona said...

I was recently told if I vote anything but conservative I’m anti-Alberta. We have a long way to go in this province.