Sunday 9 June 2019

Sifu Kobe Csillag

Kobe Csillag began his kung fu career in my Lil Leopard class when he was about three years old. He has grown to become a formidable black belt and is well on his way to earning his second degree as a sixteen year old.

Sifu Csillag has been an integral part of the instrucor team at Silent River Kung Fu for many years now but his contributions this past year have gone above and beyond. When he leads a class, no student is ever left behind. He has solid instincts and deep insights that inspire and motivate his students and fellow instructors alike.

I do not know how many more years Kobe will be able to devote to teaching kung fu as I suspect his ambitions may take him elsewhere. Until then, I am going to savour every moment I am privileged to share the mats with him.

“A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” - Henry Adams (1838 - 1918)

No comments: