Sunday 2 June 2019

My Great Weekend

I have made it a point this year to try and keep my weekends work-free and I could not be happier. I am spending more time with family and with friends. In fact, since quitting my job a year and a half ago, I am keenly aware of how much less stress I have in my life. Trading income for lifestyle has been the best, most empowering decision I have ever made.

When we first start out on our own, it is almost always about income. Income to feed our family, pay our bills, and service our debts. Somewhere down the line things get mixed up and our perspective distorts. Instead of working toward our dreams, it just becomes about money. We tend to never have enough and the things we are willing to sacrifice in order to make more money is almost obscene.

As long as we’re always working to get what we want, we will never fully understand what it is that we need. Time is the only commodity I care about these days and I could not be happier.

“Those who are afraid of never having enough, ultimately never have enough. And those who are grateful for what they already have, always live in abundance.” - Timber Hawkeye (b. 1977)

No comments: