Sunday 21 October 2018

Self Talk

We all have that voice in our head - telling us we’re not good enough, we don’t have what it takes, we’re just going to make a fool of ourselves.

I know for a fact that thoughts affect action and negative thoughts can cripple any chance of positive action. Controlling negative thoughts is imperative for positive growth and progress.

No one can snap their fingers and eradicate negative thoughts. Once those thoughts have been generated, it is difficult to get rid of them. The best course of action is to not allow them to formulate in the first place. For me this means taking ownership of the words I use. Positive words produce positive thoughts, and positive thoughts produce positive actions.

Several times a day I challenge myself to analyze how my words serve me and my goals. This self awareness goes a long way in nipping negative thoughts.

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." Vincent Van Gogh (1853 - 1890)

No comments: