Sunday 25 February 2018

Time

Now that I am unemployed, I have a new appreciation for organization and time management. I used to be pretty good at keeping things straight priority-wise and I tended to stay on top of most things. Yes, there were a few emerging issues that could derail my plans but that is reality - priorities do not remain static.

These past few weeks have seen me become less efficient with my time as my free time has increased. This is not due to lack of effort but rather a lack of prioritized effort. I have found that losing my structured schedule has also lost me my reference for my to dos. I no longer can rely upon my memory to keep my priorities straight. Without my old structured reference, I need to write more things down in order to not lose their priority placement.

This year continues to be one of evolution for me. Different structure, different approach, hoping for next level growth.

“The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” - Stephen Covey (1932 - 2012)

No comments: