Sunday 7 January 2018

Beginning Again

This month promises to be one to remember. It is a pivotal month where major change will mark a new chapter in my life. I have worked full time my entire adult life but as of January 31st, I will be unemployed. I am leaving the security of my career to pursue my passion and make my way in the world by teaching kung fu. It has been a long time coming but it is a little terrifying at the same time. As one of my mentors has dubbed it, I am pursuing my passion instead of my pension.

To make this change even more awesome, I am also participating in this year’s Ultimate Black Belt Test. It is a test I have completed a few times in the past but always while I was focused on my career as well as my school. I am excited about taking up the challenge with my career in the rear view mirror.

Only twenty-four more sleeps . . .

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No comments: