Sunday 2 July 2017

Canada 150

Another Canada Day is behind us along with another bunch of dragon dances, lion dances, and kung fu demonstrations. Our school had a lot of responsibility this year as we were recruited to perform all day in Spruce Grove and we had also committed to performing in Stony Plain for their celebration.  I got to spend the entire day outside with the majority of my time being spent feeling the earth beneath my bare feet. I can’t complain about that.

My gratitude today extends to the amazing group of people I shared the day with. Of all kung fu has given me in my life, what I value most is what you all bring to my life -  your dedication, your leadership, your commitment to community, and above all, your friendship and laughter.

Consider Canada Day 150 seized.

“Canada, when others build walls, you open doors. When others divide, your arms are open wide. Where you lead, others follow.” - Bono (b. 1960)

No comments: