Monday 27 March 2017

Man Down

Two weeks and three days I have been fighting this virus. I think I am on the other side of it but it still has a hold over me. 

It isn’t fun to train when your lungs are not up to par. I have had to back off on any cardio and that has not been a good thing for my shoulders and knees. I find less activity results in more inflammation.

Since physical exertion is not possible, I have been focusing on my spiritual growth these past couple of weeks. My specific focus has been on ideology and how it colours everything we perceive. I saw a Ted Koppel interview this week where he scolded Sean Hannity for focusing on attracting people who have determined that ideology is more important than facts. Hannity’s smirking reaction is a strong indication why a problem like this is almost impossible to deal with. When logic and truth have no bearing on opinion, the chance of coming to a common perspective is very slim.

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No comments: