Sunday 6 December 2015

Perspective

The longer I pursue mastery the more I realize how much power perspective wields in determining my successes and failures. In fact, in the final analysis, sometimes the same outcome could be considered a success or a failure depending upon how I look at it. Perspective determines if the glass is half empty or half full.

Perspective can make me an optimist or a pessimist. Perspective is the difference between pointing a finger and accepting responsibility. Perspective can give me control or make me a victim. Perspective can make me grateful or it can make me jealous Perspective has the ability to crush or empower. So many factors affect perspective but my perspective is ultimately my choice.

A small turn of the mental wheel is often all that is required to talk me down from a path best not travelled. Controlling my thoughts and staying in the moment give me the clarity I need to make positive choices that serve me and my goals. My perspective can control me but I can control my perspective. The choice is mine.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” - Marcus Aurelius (121-180)

No comments: