Sunday 11 October 2015

Thanksgiving

I try to make gratitude a part of every day. Life and circumstance come with all that stress and anxiety that encourage lamenting of the past and worry about the future. Gratitude is what keeps me grounded in the present moment.

Thanksgiving is a special time of year. Crass commercialization of almost every traditional event and holiday in this part of the world has pretty much destroyed the spirit of most holidays for me by turning them into yet another stressor in my already hectic life. For me, thanksgiving stands alone as the last bastion of holiday sanity.

I have so much to give thanks for. I am blessed with good health and I am surrounded by people I love and appreciate. Once a person has that, what else really matters?

“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” - William Arthur Ward

No comments: