Sunday 28 September 2014

Great Day

I shared a great day with some incredible people yesterday. Our annual forms seminar is something I look forward to every year. It is always inspiring to be surrounded by positive, like-minded people who are striving for mastery. I loved every minute of it.

There is something very intimate about performing your kung fu in front of a black belt panel. With thirty-four degrees of black belts watching, there is not much you can hide. You are totally exposed. Despite racing hearts and dumps of adrenalin, everyone felt safe. I am always humbled by the trust a person places in the hands of the black belts in a situation like this and I am equally proud of the level of compassion the black belts show in return.

I am blessed to live the life I live. It is said that we are a reflection of the company we keep and I could not be in better company.

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington (1732 - 1799)

No comments: