Sunday 16 March 2014

What I Know About Success and Failure

I believe negativity is self-fulfilling. Making failure an option gives it a foothold in reality. No one is successful 100% of the time but how failures get perceived sets the framework for future mastery or mediocrity.

No effort, no matter the outcome, is ever without value. Success is built from the experience gathered from past failures so failure only becomes absolute when effort is abandoned.

The self-fulfilling nature of negativity is responsible for so much mediocrity. No one likes failure but one cannot avoid failure without avoiding participation. I can’t imagine how much of what I value in my character would not even be present if I had not taken a chance and stepped up to engage.

Mastery is something I will never succeed at attaining but in the wake of my attempts, something wonderful is happening.

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison (1847 - 1931)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Brillantly inspiring.