Sunday 6 October 2013

Evolution


I spent a lot of time cleaning out my email this week. I tend to hold a few gigabytes of data in my mailboxes and every so often I get rid of old, no longer relevant, messages. Mixed in with the soon to be deleted bunch are always a few gems that can be inspiring to revisit.

Change is constant. Reading old correspondences can be a real eye opener to just how much I have changed. I have dedicated the majority of my life to mastery but my focus has never been as intense as it has been these past five years. Nor has change, and that's change for the better, been more prevalent.

Reading my old emails remind me that I am evolving. Everyday I go to bed a different person than I was when I woke up that morning. It's up to me to fill my day with things that ensure I am evolving into the person I want to be.

“We change, whether we like it or not.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

No comments: